We have all heard of kale chips, but here’s a new way to satisfy your crunch fever! Use this recipe to impress your friends or to enjoy yourself. Beets are a beautiful dark purple color and are slightly sweet. Their taste alone is vibrant and this recipe holds true to that flavor. With a small bit of oil and no salt, these chips are the most delicious, healthy snack you will ever try!
2-3 medium sized beets (about 2 inches in diameter)
Olive oil for pan coating
Preheat oven to about 200°F.
- Put about 1-2 tablespoons down on a cookie sheet and spread it around with a paper towel or spatula. (the cookie sheet needs to be completely covered to prevent sticking)
- Slice off the ends of the beet and discard.
- Using a cheese grater, find the side with the horizontal slits.
- Angle the beet on one of the cut sides and slowly begin to grate the beet.
- Be careful when reaching the end of the beet so you don’t scrape your hand.
- You’ll begin to make circular beet slices, similar to scalloped potatoes.
- Evenly spread the beet slices on the cookie sheet and place in oven.
- Bake for 1-2 hours or until chips are no longer flimsy.
- When finished remove from oven and allow time to cool.