This is a classic Japanese dish called Tamagogohan, simply egg with rice. It’s an easy meal and can include more vegetables like spinach or broccoli if desired.
2 cups brown rice
4 cups water
1 tablespoon oil
2 green onions, chopped
Soy sauce to taste
1 package of seasoned seaweed
- In a saucepan, measure the rice and water. Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Lower to a simmer and cook for 40 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and coat with oil. Crack in the eggs and fry on one side. Flip and fry the other side until preferred texture, cooking yolk all the way through or keeping slightly uncooked.
- Toss in the chopped green onions and let cook slightly around the egg.
- Serve over hot rice drizzled with soy sauce and eat with pieces of seaweed.