These biscuits can be topped with sweet toppings like butter and jam, or savory toppings like sausage gravy.
1 ½ cups rice flour
1/3 cup potato starch
3 tablespoon tapioca flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 ½ teaspoon powdered buttermilk
½ cup margarine or butter, softened
½ cup water
1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a bowl, combine rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, Cream of Tartar, salt, xanthan gum, and powdered buttermilk.
- Cut in the margarine or butter with a pastry blender, or an electric mixer on low. Make a well in the center and add the water and egg all at once.
- Mix well until moistened and combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden.