4 tablespoons butter
2 medium onions, diced
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
4 pears, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 quart low-sodium vegetable broth
1 sprig rosemary
Heavy cream, about 1-3 tablespoons as needed
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a 4-quart saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat, then add and sweat the onions for a few minutes.
2. Add squash and pears, and let those sweat for another few minutes.
3. Pour in the stock, enough to submerge the solids.
4. Add the rosemary and bring to a simmer, cooking until squash is fork tender, about 15-18 minutes.
5. Remove the rosemary.
6. Puree soup in a blender or food processor.
7. Pour the blended soup back in the saucepan and add a touch of heavy cream (to your liking) and season with salt and pepper to taste.