1/2 pound brussels sprouts, sliced
1/3 onion sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pound bacon
2 1/2 cup whipping cream
1 1/2 cup whole milk
3 1/2 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced
1/4 pound arugula
1 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 13"x 9"x2" inch baking dish.
1. In a heavy skillet, cook the brussels sprouts and onions over medium-low heat until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Brown the bacon until crisp. Crumble the bacon and mix it into the brussels sprouts and onions.
3. Mix the cream and milk in a small bowl. Layer 1/3 of the potatoes into the greased pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Layer the arugula over the potatoes and pour 1 cup of the cream mixture over the potatoes. Spread 1/3 of the cheese and layer another 1/3 of the potatoes. Add a layer of the brussls sprouts. Pour another cup of the cream mixture and sprinkle another 1/3 of the cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Layer the remaining potatoes and cheese. Pour the rest of the cream mixture over the top. Bake the gratin uncovered until the potatoes are tender and the cream mixture thickens, about an hour and 15 minutes.
6. Let sit for 15 minutes to set.