This pasta salad is has many components that come together to make a delicious dining experience!
3 cups whole wheat pasta spirals
1 pound chicken breast, baked
Salt / pepper to taste
1 bag frozen peas
1 bunch fresh basil
1 head spinach or other leafy green, chopped
1 cup roasted red peppers (optional)
½ cup parmesan cheese (optional)
½ cup Veganaise (brand of mayonnaise)
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon mustard
Salt/pepper to taste
- Place chicken breast on greased cooking tray.
- Squeeze juice of one lemon evenly over breasts. Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper to your taste. Drizzle oil evenly over seasoned breasts.
- Bake in 325°F oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Check to see the chicken is cooked through (165°F). Cook longer if under cooked. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Chop into bite size cubes when cooled.
- Begin boiling water for pasta.
- Combine ingredients for dressing in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine peas, chopped basil, chopped spinach, roasted red peppers, and parmesan cheese.
- Cook noodles till done, then strain. Cool noodles down under running cold water.
- Mix noodles, chicken, and dressing with other ingredients.
- Place in refrigerator to chill or serve immediately.