Get creative – you can add just about any leafy green or root vegetable into a ‘slaw’! Try using broccoli stems, collards, or even radishes!
2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
1 cup collards, thinly sliced (optional)
1 cup carrots, shredded
½ cup green onions, sliced thin
¾ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup ketchup
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice or cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place the cut cabbage, carrots, collards, and green onions in a large bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a measuring bowl and whisk together until evenly mixed.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss until evenly coated with dressing.
- Serve immediately, or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- The flavor gets better as it sits, so making it ahead of time and letting it sit will make the texture and flavor even better!