This meatloaf is easy, fast, and delicious! It can also be frozen. Remember that a serving size of meat (protein) is the size of the palm of your hand.
¾ cup bell peppers, chopped, frozen or fresh
¾ cup onion, chopped
1 tablespoon oil
1 ½ pounds ground beef or ground turkey
2 cups bread crumbs
2 teaspoons garlic granules or 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add onions, peppers, and garlic (if using fresh). Sauté until onions are translucent. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine ground beef/turkey, bread crumbs, eggs, garlic (if using granules), salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix together until well combined.
- Place beef mix in a 9” bread pan and bake in oven covered with foil for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until thoroughly cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. Internal heat using a thermometer should be 165° F.
- Pull from oven and slice into 8 servings.