1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup cooked, pureed winter squash
3/4 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
Couple dashes nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. In a medium bowl, cream the butter, oil, and sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs and add the lemon juice and squash. Blend until very smooth and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
4. Add the squash mixture to the dry ingredients and stir together.
5. Add the milk and stir just until moistened. Pour into a greased 8"×8" pan and bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.