3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
1 winter squash, halved, peeled, seeds removed, cut into 1-inch chunks
3 tablespoons butter
4 bay leaves
½ tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups low-salt chicken stock
1-inch chunk of palm sugar or 1 tablespoon of honey
1 15-ounce can coconut milk
1, Heat butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
3. Add bay leaves and pepper. Continue cooking for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the squash along with curry powder and ]salt. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Raise the heat to medium-high, and add stock.
6. Cover and bring to a boil. Immediately lower the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring and mashing every 5 minutes.
7/ Add sugar or honey and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Add coconut milk and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
9. Remove bay leaves from soup.
10; Using an immersion blender or in batches using a blender, puree until smooth.