Get creative and use different flavors of bread, add spices like cinnamon and cardamom, and liven up any old slice of bread!
1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
2 tablespoons of milk
¼ teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
4 slices of bread (explore raisin bread, sourdough, potato, any kind you like!)
Coconut butter (this is much different than coconut oil!)
Fruit jelly or syrup
- Place a frying pan on the stove over medium low heat.
- Melt the butter or coconut oil in the pan
- Mix together with a fork the eggs, milk, and optional spices in a pie pan or container that has a flat bottom with an edge that will fit a slice of bread and hold in the egg mixture.
- Put one piece of bread in the egg mixture and flip it so both sides are coated with the egg mixture. Don’t let it sit too long in this mix or it will soak up all the egg mix and get soggy.
- Carefully move the slice of bread into the pan and let it cook for about 1 minute (check the bottom for a nice golden brown color) then flip it with a spatula and cook the other side for another minute.
- Remove it from the pan onto a plate and repeat with the other 3 slices of bread.