A lovely combination of colors and flavors. Fresh pasta makes this dish so delicious and can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup dry sherry
1 bunch greens (collards, kale, or chard) cut into ribbons ¼ inch thick
5-6 cups fresh pasta (fettuccini or shape of choice)
2 roasted red peppers, sliced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
½ cup basil, chopped
Garnish with Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and caramelize, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Pour sherry and simmer until it reduces down.
- Add greens and stir until vibrant green.
- Add roasted peppers, pasta, balsamic vinegar, and salt/pepper.
- Stir until evenly mixed.
- Garnish with cheese if desired.