Make your own pantry staple with this recipe! Substitute your own hand made pasta for store bought in any of your favorite pasta dishes!
1 cup Semolina flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
½ teaspoon salt
3-5 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons oil
- Combine dry ingredients together.
- In a measuring cup add the eggs, water, oil and mix.
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients to it.
- Mix all the ingredients together until it forms a ball.
- Knead for about 5-8 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Cover dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut into portions and roll out with rolling pin or in a pasta maker on lowest setting.
- Fold dough over and roll several times to work the gluten.
- When dough is a smooth texture and works easily, begin to roll at one higher setting.
- Roll to desired thickness.
- Roll dough through the noodle cutting attachment into desired size or fold dough over and cut with a knife to desired size.
- Coat with flour to keep from sticking.
- Bring water to a boil in a pot.
- Place noodles in water for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and serve immediately.
- To dry: hang over pasta or clothes rack for 24 hours and then package in airtight container and store in pantry or freezer.