Feel free to use any vegetable you have on hand in this mini frittata, or add in some fresh herbs. Enjoy as a breakfast or a snack.
8 large eggs
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 green onions, sliced
1 cup cremini mushrooms, stems removed, sliced into ¼“ slices
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon canola oil or oil spray
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crack eggs into a bowl. Add milk, salt and a dash of pepper to taste. Whisk together until combined.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in green onions and mushrooms. Sauté until the mushrooms become soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and mix into egg mixture.
- Add in fresh thyme and cheese into the egg mixture and stir until evenly combined.
- Oil a muffin tin with canola oil, oil spray or other oil for coating.
- Pour about ¼ cup of egg mixture into each muffin cup.
- Place in the oven on the middle shelf and bake 10 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let stand for about 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- Serve while hot. Enjoy alone or top with ketchup, salsa or hot sauce.