6 pieces of thick-cut bacon
1-2 summer squash, diced
Some broccoli, diced
A few chard or kale leaves, cut into thin strips
½ cup Fennel
Handful shelled fava beans
4-5 green onions, chopped
1 pound linguine
4-5 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Dice bacon and sauté until just crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Sauté the vegetables in the remaining bacon fat until just tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook 1 pound of linguine according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
4. Mince or press 4-5 cloves of garlic and toss with the hot pasta.
5. Add olive oil or butter, salt, pepper, vegetables and bacon and toss together.
6. Serve warm with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.