1 large bunch Lacinato kale (also known as Dino kale or Tuscan kale)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup nuts or seeds, toasted
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/3 cup dried cranberries, or other dried fruit
1/3 cup blue or goat cheese, crumbled
1. Remove tough stems of the kale by pulling leaf away from the stem from bottom to top.
2. Chiffonade (cut in thin shreds) the kale and place in a large bowl. Add salt and oil and massage with your hands until it has softened. Kale will reduce in size as the cell walls of the leaf collapse.
3. Add vinegar and toss together.
4. Add nuts or seeds, onion, dried fruit, and cheese. Toss once again.
5. Taste for salt and vinegar, and add more to taste.