This perfect pie crust has only 4 ingredients but yields a flaky and delicious crust that goes with fruit, meat, or cream pies.
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch cubes
5 tablespoons (or more) ice water
- Blend flour, sugar and salt in a food processor.
- Add butter and use on/off turns to blend until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Transfer mixture to medium bowl.
- Add 5 tablespoons ice water and mix with a fork until dough begins to clump together, adding more water by teaspoons if dry.
- Gather dough together and divide in half.
- Flatten each half into a disk and wrap disks in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Can be made 3 days ahead, keep refrigerated and soften slightly at room temperature before rolling out.