1 1/4 cups cornmeal
1 cup gluten free flour (or white whole wheat)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 cups pumpkin puree
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax mixed with 3 tablespoons water) or regular large egg
1 cup milk (your choice)
3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
Preheat oven to 400°F.
1. Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a large bowl. Stir or whisk to combine.
2. Combine pumpkin, egg, milk, molasses, maple syrup and coconut oil in a bowl. Stir to combine.
3. Add pumpkin mixture to cornmeal mixture. Stir until just combined.
4. Pour into a cast iron pan or lightly oiled 9"x9" baking dish.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack briefly before serving.