1 whole chicken (or eight pieces of chicken)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 large shallots, peeled and minced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Generous handful coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat the oven to 425F (220C).
1. Cut the chicken into eight pieces: cut two legs and two thighs, and then cut each breast piece in half, crosswise, keeping the wings attached. You can also just use eight of your favorite chicken pieces.
2. In a large baking dish, one which will hold all the chicken pieces in a single layer, mix the olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, shallots, and some salt and pepper.
3. Toss the chicken in the mixture, so they're completely coated with the shallots. Turn the chicken pieces so they are all skin side up.
4. Roast for about 20 minutes, until beginning to brown on top. Turn the pieces of chicken over. Scrape any juices and shallots over the chicken that may be clinging to the pan, and bake for another 20 minutes, or until the pieces of chicken are cooked through and the shallots are well-caramelized.
5. Remove from oven and toss in the chopped parsley.