Garlic scapes are slightly milder and sweeter than regular garlic bulbs. Roasted garlic scapes are a great side dish, but they can also be eaten on toast, or are a nice addition to stir-fries, mashed potatoes, salads and pizza.
1 bunch garlic scapes, whole or cut into smaller pieces, depending on how you’re using them
2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss or rub each scape with olive oil to evenly coat.
- Spread scapes out on a cookie sheet or roasting pan, making certain they don’t touch.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt on scapes and shake for even seasoning.
- Place scapes in oven, turning occasionally to ensure even roasting.
- Scapes are ready when they begin to turn brown and the ends have become crispy.