Roasting changes the flavor of foods and naturally brings out their sweetness and adds the unique flavor of FIRE!
50 red peppers
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 450° F
- Cut peppers in half and remove seeds.
- Place on cookie sheet with skin side up.
- Put cookie sheet on top rack in oven.
- Check after 15-20 minutes (10-15 minutes for toaster oven).
- When peppers are soft all the way through they are done, it is normal for them to blacken on top.
- Take out of the oven and cool.
- Remove any black charred areas.
- Serve immediately or place in jar with olive oil in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Makes 50 peppers.