The roasted vegetables give a new depth of flavor to these traditional quesadillas.
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow onion
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons oil
1 -1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, grated
6 whole wheat tortillas
Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Cut the zucchini, bell peppers, and onions in about 1 inch cubes, evenly sized.
- Place in a blow and toss with salt, chili powder, thyme, and oil.
- When all the veggies are evenly coated with oil and spices, spread on a baking sheet.
- Put the veggies in the oven on the top rack and roast for 10-15 minute until the veggies are golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Put a pan on the stove over medium heat. Place one tortilla in the pan and heat one side for about 30 seconds. Turn over and sprinkle cheese and roasted veggies on one half of the tortilla and fold in half.
- Let it heat for about 1 minute then turn over. Once cheese is melted, remove from pan and cut in wedges.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, veggies, and cheese.
- Eat while hot and enjoy!