When making this colorful and delicious salad remember that spinach wilts quickly and becomes “soggy” if dressing is mixed too early.
4-6 medium sized beets
1 head spinach
½ cup fresh raspberries (optional)
¼ cup raspberry infused balsamic vinegar
¼ cup olive oil
2 teaspoons mustard
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Boil whole beets till knife slices through easily.
- Strain beets and run under cold water.
- When they have cooled enough to handle, gently peel off the skin with your hands. Cut off ends and slice into wedges. Set aside to cool.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in small bowl or measuring cup and set aside.
- Wash and drain spinach. Chop into bite size pieces.
- Combine spinach and raspberries with cooled beets.
- Pour dressing over and gently toss just before you serve.