4 cups vegetable broth
4 cups water
3 cloves minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
1 star anise
1 teaspoon whole fennel
1 teaaspoon whole coriander
2 tablespoons yellow miso
3 tablesooms dried wakame seaweed
1 ounce dried mushrooms
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
2 teaspoons brown sugar
Rice noodles, spaghetti squash noodles or ramen (you choose)
Toppings: tofu, cooked meat (thinly sliced chicken, beef, or pork), bean sprouts, carrots, hot peppers, cilantro, basil, mint, mushrooms, lime wedges.
1. Combine broth through mushrooms in a large sauce pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
2. Add soy sauce through brown sugar to broth. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
3. Strain broth, reserving liquid and discarding solids.
4. Roast spaghetti squash (if using) at 350 for 30-40 minutes then remove "noodles" with a fork. If using rice noodles or ramen, add the noodles to the broth and cook according to package directions.
5. Ladle broth and noodles into bowls and add toppings. Enjoy!