3 pounds large zucchini, scrubbed
1 quart spaghetti sauce or thick tomato sauce
1 cup bread crumbs
1 pound ricotta cheese
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
tsp dried oregano
tsp dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1 pound mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
1. Slice zucchini into long slices. Cook in boiling water just until limp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
2. Combine ricotta, eggs, parsley, seasoning and half of the parmesan cheese and half of the breadcrumbs in a bowl. Set aside.
3. In a 9x13 pan, spoon a thin layer of tomato sauce. Sprinkle with a quarter of the breadcrumbs. Arrange layer of zucchini over this. Spoon half of the reserved ricotta mixture on top of the zucchini. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella cheese.
4. Arrange the rest of the zucchini over this, layer more tomato sauce and the rest of the breadcrumbs and top with remaining ricotta mixture. Top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until top is brown. Let stand 20 minutes before cutting.